Friday, June 14, 2013

Reflection Post

   At the beginning of the school year, I felt a bit lost art-wise and I didn't really know in what direction I was going. I was a little apprehensive about taking Creative arts, and I worried that I wasn't going to produce anything good.
   It was great to start out with coloring our book pages though, it wasn't a difficult or complicated task and it was a good way to get the creative ideas flowing. I think it was one of my favorite activities actually, it was relaxing to play around with the ink and water and see what designs I could make.
   After that I had confidence again that I could produce good art, and that's when we had our lantern project. I'm looking at my lantern right now and I still love it, I didn't think I would do well on paper cutting, but I learned that I really enjoy it, and now sometimes when I'm bored and at home, I'll borrow one of my mom's exacto-knives and make cool little designs.
    I also got to express my pro-choice views on abortion with my collage. Keeping abortion legal is something that's really important to me, and I'm proud of my collage and how aggressive and "loud" it turned out.
    Then with our artist projects, I found out that M.C Escher was a really cool guy and he's now one of my favorite artists. I honestly just picked him because his name sounded cool.
   I'm not the best with anything 3-dimensional, so the ceramic work was a bit of a challenge for me, but my tea set still came out nicely!
   And I'm absolutely in love with my book, I'm going to keep adding on to it all summer and maybe even into next school year. Over the summer I plan to add pictures of different doodles I do in the book. This book has helped me create a new style with my drawing that makes me feel like I'm expressing myself a lot more accurately, and it makes me feel really happy and comfortable.
   Overall, it was a good art year. I'm content with it, and I had fun sitting with Zach and Catie who are two super rad interesting and inspiring people.

No comments:

Post a Comment